go to contents go to side menu go to main menu

main menu area

main menu area

Innovative University Changing the World through Convergence

Embed to SNS

Academic Status

Permanent Withdrawal

How to Apply

  • 1. Students can submit a withdrawal request through the portal system (my.dgist.ac.kr → School Life → Change of Academic Status).
  • 2. Administrative process(Refund the Stipend , Return books, etc.) must be approved.
  • 3. Students should consult with their Advisor & Department Chair and get approval.
  • 4. Students must submit a printed request form with signature of the applicant & guarantor.


  • Students can't withdraw from their studies without justifiable reasons.
  • Students who wish to drop out for unavoidable reasons must submit their withdrawal request and get approval from the president.
  • Students who are allowed to drop out of school should pay back some or all of the financial support he/she received from DGIST


Reasons for Expulsion

  • Students who do not return to school after the approved period of leave of absence has expired
  • Students who have not registered for a semester within the prescribed period without getting permission for leave of absence
  • Students who have received academic warnings for two consecutive times
  • Students who have failed to meet all the coursework requirements within the prescribed time limit
  • Students who have been dually enrolled. (except for Dual/Joint degree students)
  • Students who have failed the Qualifying Exam or Thesis proposal

Appeal Request

  • Students who want to appeal against expulsion decision must submit an application for appeal request to Educational Affairs and Records Team within 2 weeks upon receipt of notification of expulsion.


Application Period

  • Student can apply after 2 semesters including semester in which the expulsion occurred and within 2 years from the date of expulsion.

※ Period for Military service or Long-term medical treatment is not included.

※ Students are allowed to be readmitted only once.

How to Apply

  • Submit an Application for Readmission & Letters of Recommendation from Advisor & Department Chair to Department office.

Reasons for ineligibility

  • Students who have been expelled because the maximum period of registration had elapsed
  • Students who have been expelled or voluntarily withdrawn after extending a maximum period of registration