본문 바로가기 대메뉴 바로가기

Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science&Technology

News

News

DGIST held the Appointment Ceremony for the Conversion of Non-Regular Research Jobs into Regular Positions 

작성자Public Relations Team  조회수2,039 등록일2019-04-11

DGIST held the Appointment Ceremony for the Conversion of Non-Regular Research Jobs into Regular Positions
- To promote organizational stability by converting 52 non-regular research jobs to regular positions following the conversion of administrative jobs
- Plans to complete the conversion of dispatched and outsourced jobs into regular positions as soon as possible

▲52 researchers and 8 administrative/technical workers were newly appointed into regular jobs in the Regular Job Conversion Ceremony held in DGIST International Conference Hall at 10:30am on Monday, April 8.

DGIST (President Young Kuk) announced that it held a new appointment ceremony for conversion of non-regular research and administrative/technical jobs to regular positions in the International Conference Hall of the Research Administration Building at 10:30am on Monday, April 8.

DGIST organized the Regular Job Conversion Deliberation Committee (hereinafter CDC) that consisted of 8 outside members and 8 internal members, according to the Guidelines for the Conversion of Non-regular Workers into Regular positions in the public sector. The committee identified the size of conversion by analyzing the current status of non-regular jobs for the past year and half, and deliberate and decided on the type of jobs to convert and recruitment process by collecting the practical opinions of stakeholders.

As a result, DGIST newly appointed and converted 92 out of 100 candidates for non-regular administrative and technical jobs into regular positions on January 9, and completed the appointment by recruiting the remaining 8 workers through stage 2 open recruitment process.

52 out of 54 workers were also appointed for the research jobs, whose conversion was delayed compared to administrative and technical jobs, through stage 1 competitive recruitment process as the deliberation committee confirmed the detailed conversion plan. Beforehand, DGIST had a dispute with the labor union of non-regular researchers regarding the size and method of converting non-regular researchers into regular positions, and successfully solved the conflict through the regular, full-time conversion this time.

Senior Researcher Bongseok Kim who was appointed this time said “There have been many difficulties in performing my research because the conversion process was delayed more than expected, but I am happy to be able to work on my research in a stable environment from now on and am very appreciative of DGIST staff and faculty members who have worked very hard for us. I will do my best to become a researcher who contributes to the regional and national development.”

President Young Kuk of DGIST stated “To include many members, we finally completed the conversion of non-regular research and administrative/technical jobs into regular positions through a fair process for a long time. We are especially happy to have a successful conversion of non-regular researchers into regular positions, and we will do our best to make DGIST become one of the world’s best research institutions in the world beyond Korea.”

Through this conversion, DGIST is expected to promote organizational stability and strengthen its research personnel and administrative service in order to foster science and technology talent, generate convergence research performances, and realize the commercialization of science and technology.”

Meanwhile, DGIST is working on converting dispatched and outsourced jobs into regular positions, and plans to complete the two-year conversion into regular positions in a public institution as soon as possible.